Choosing the right wedding photographer is a big deal and making the final decision can be tough – we are all different! I have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions which should help you to understand my philosophy and way of working:
- Do you use digital cameras?
- Yes. I have 2 professional digital cameras (and another backup!) along with my favourite lenses. I am often working with 2 cameras (one on each shoulder!) during the wedding to ensure I get the best angles and views and to maximise creativity.
- How long have you been photographing weddings?
- I have been photographing weddings since 2010 (and been a full-time photographer for longer than that!). When I started photographing weddings I made a big investment in professional training and I worked with some of the UK’s top wedding photographers during this time.
- What if it rains on my wedding day?
- I’ll photograph your wedding no matter what the weather. The weather is part of the story. If it is really too bad to go outside I will work inside your venue for all that is needed from the day – I have the equipment and, importantly, the experience necessary to work in low light conditions. Whatever the weather we’ll have a lot of fun!
- Explain pre-wedding shoots – what is involved?
- A pre-wedding shoot (also known as an Engagement Shoot) is a complimentary service offered on my standard wedding package. It involves meeting up for a couple of hours at a place special to you both. This could be in the countryside or the city (or anywhere between!) and if you can’t decide where you’d like to meet I can send you lots of suggested locations. A lot of couples can feel awkward about being photographed and a pre-wedding shoot will put all those fears away. We’ll work together in a relaxed and informal way and any worries about being photographed on your wedding day will soon disappear. You’ll also receive upwards of 15 digitally perfected images from a pre-wedding shoot with a full licence to download and print them… lots of couples use images from their pre-wedding shoot on wedding invitations and signing boards.
- Do we pay your travel expenses?
- As long as your wedding is within 50 miles of the M25 (this includes all of Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, all the other Home Counties and London) then there are no travel expenses to pay. If your wedding is further afield (I have photographed weddings recently in Wales and Suffolk for example) then I will need to charge a small extra mileage charge and occasionally the cost of an overnight stay (the night before the wedding). All this would be discussed before you make a booking.
- Are you insured?
- As a professional wedding photography I have full insurance for both professional indemnity and public liability. In fact, many of the top venues will only allow your photographer to work at their premises if they have full insurance cover.
- How do we access our images after the wedding – how long does it take?
- Every wedding includes an on-line gallery. This is a fully featured system which lets you download hi-resolution copies of your wedding images. All these images will be digitally perfected and you have a licence to keep copies of them, print them and show them off to your friends and family. You will also receive a USB containing the images in a presentation box to keep for ever. Your images are normally ready within around 3-4 weeks of the wedding.
- If we’d like an album, when do we have to decide?
- You can add an album to your photography package anytime before or after your wedding. I’d be happy to show you some samples before you decide.
If you have any other questions not covered here, please feel free to get in touch. I’d be more than happy to answer any wedding photography question you may have.